If you’re interested in learning how you can be issued a medical marijuana card by the state of Ohio, then you’re on the right page. Below is the information you need and the steps you need to take. To get issued a Medical Marijuana Card, you must first meet one of the qualifying conditions. Once you meet at least one of those listed, you are required to register with the MMCP patient and caregiver registry.
STEP #1 – Required Documents
To apply for your medical marijuana card you must provide four (4) types of documentation.
- A government issued photo ID like a driver’s license or passport
- You must provide a proof of Ohio residency, which can also be a driver’s license or passport.
- A valid email address
- You medical records or any documents that can be used to verify your qualifying medical condition
STEP #2 – Find A Certified Physician
The physician must be licensed by the state of Ohio to recommend use of Medical Marijuana (click here to see physician’s list). When you schedule your appointment, you must be sure to bring the documentation mentioned above as well your medical records or a doctor’s note to prove you suffer from a condition on the state approved list.
The recommending physician must register the patient and caregivers through the online registry.
STEP #3 – Pay Your Medical Marijuana Card Fees
Once your registration is complete, the final step is to pay the $50 Registration Fee. There must be one registration fee submitted with each application, so please make sure you have filled out everything correctly AND provided everything that is required.
- It is possible to have the fees reduced by up to 50% if you are a veteran, currently enrolled in federal Social Security Disability (SSDI) program or the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) disability program.
- Ohio residents who qualify for Veteran or Indigent status must first apply with the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program. If approved, the patient will be assigned a special designation in the patient registry and on the medical marijuana card.
- There is NO TIMELINE as to how long the approval will take.
- Your Ohio medical marijuana card is valid for one year